Sunday, July 20, 2008

My attempt on the position paper....

Today I started to actually think of my position paper. I choose “Boys and Girls” by Alice Munro. Okay there many reasons behind choosing this literature text. One it was the easiest of all the given text and because it was a familiar text it made to choose this text even more. I always liked stories revolving female stereotype and story that relate to female empowering so to speak. I stated of by coming up with a statement so that I could have a staring point in completing my paper. I came up with:
The unnamed female protagonist’s hardship on the rites of passage into
adulthood was significantly caused by the unfairness of sex-role stereotyping.

My first draft was not a great one. I had limited points to talk about and constantly experiencing “writers block”. But I guess it happens when we deal with first drafts. I tried looking at the element of hardship through the use of names and the narrator’s action and responses. I think I will consult Mr Omid on making my paper better. I have a long way to go. Till then…I’m off.

No comments: